Thursday, August 9, 2012

Racing

For the past couple days my mind has been racing. Here, there, everywhere. I can't quite fathom the thought that in 10 days I will be boarding a plane to start my life in a foreign country. For the next 3 months, I, as well as 29 others, will be living in Zambia. I have been packing my life into what seem to be 2 tiny bags. It's hard to believe that I will be living out of these when I have a full closet and dresser sitting right next to me. I can't help but think I am forgetting something. While I get this feeling every time I pack to go somewhere, this time it feels a little different. It's not like I'm just going to a different state, where if I forgot toothpaste I could just run to the local Walmart or Target. No, this is way different. I'm going to a place where I have to walk several minutes maybe even an hour to get to town! Wow. My eyes are about to be opened to so many things.

I have never felt so nervous to leave the country before. I mean, I've lived in a Muslim country, been to Mexico, and spent a week in Guyana right before protests started. What makes this so different? Well, for one, I'm not 7 years old and so naive anymore. Two, this isn't just for a week. And three, I know my life is about to be changed forever. I know that God has a plan for me. I know He has so much in store for my life and I know it's only just beginning. What an incredible journey we are about to embark on.

While I am very scared and nervous to see exactly what lies ahead, I choose to press on. To strive  toward that goal of fulfilling my Heavenly Father's commands to love Him, love others, and to spread His Good News! I will continue to run this race, even if it does take me all over the world.

Where HE leads me, I will follow. I'll go with HIM all the way.

Here is the promo video from 2009. Just a short glimpse of what I will begin to experience in 10 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment